Recent content by joefig44

1. J

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Got it - yes. I just think personally for the difference in cost for me ($6K CAD) I'd probably get a lot more value from the BMR HT + Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 or Anthem STR Integrated or even some NAD Dirac all-in-one. Although the 8c is certainly compelling in that I'm almost "assured" the sound...
  2. J

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Ah yes, I knew that - sorry was quoting the frequency response (+/-3) not the frequency range (+/-6). How do you think they would compare in a 10x14x11 room with basically just one listening position compared to something like the Philharmonic BMR HT + a room correction device like the Lyngdorf...
  3. J

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Ok, finally have it down to either the 8c or the BMR HT or KEF R7/Meta + likely an Anthem STR Integrated as a passive system. How would I expect the two to compare in a room like I've shown above (10x14x11 with minimal wall treatments and no ability to place a subwoofer? The 8c goes down to...
  4. J

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Yeah, but that won't pass the WAF unfortunately - it's cubby holes or bust in this room.
  5. J

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to hear. I'll keep what I have and put the Dutch in another room. I'm considering them for a room where I cannot perform any acoustic treatments nor put a subwoofer. I'm considering them alongside the following: Revel F226Be Philharmonic BMR Tower (or HT)...
  6. J

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

My current family room system is: Sonos ARC soundbar 2x Sonos Play 5's (flanking the sound bar to the left and right) 2x Sonos Subs I have a larger HT system in my HT room in the basement (Revel F328Be in 7.2.2), but looking to upgrade the sound for music playback in the family room. Any...
  7. J

Listening Room/Audio Build

Yes, it's true. Neither of us do much office work here, but we figure we need to dress it up as a start to actually modernizing various parts of the house. I'm now leaning towards a Sonus Faber Sonetto III, of Sonetto V - or possibly a Revel F226Be if I can sell my wife on the brown colour...
  8. J

Listening Room/Audio Build

I'm looking to have a music listening area on the main floor as: A. My amazing Revel F328Be -based HT with 3x PSA TV2112 subs, etc. is in the basement and I never wish to sit down there just to listen to music as I often like to do during the day. I'm always in that space to watch something...
  9. J

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

Thanks, but still unclear if the ADI-2 one sounds same/better/worse than the other one which I'm currently using in Roon PEQ. I'm considering picking up an ADI-2 for use with my Utopia 2022, but I don't want to upgrade if it's PEQ is worse than what I'm getting from Roon PEQ with your other...
  10. J

Ok - sorry I'm new to all this. Why is it they didn't use the same FR measurement as their basis? Just a different Utopia used? Right now I have a Ferrum Erco with my Utopia 2022, and use Oratory's PEQ in Roon and it sounds just fantastic. But I'm thinking of swapping the Erco for a RME...
  11. J

Anyone ever compare the Oratory PEQ settings to the same Oratory settings but for RME ADI-2 to see if they sound exactly the same?
  12. J

Recently acquired a Focal Utopia 2022 and based on a recommendation from this site, I bought a used Ferrum Erco DAC/Amp. Everything sounds fine and all as expected - fantastic in fact! I use Roon's PEQ with Oratory settings, but I'm wondering if I would benefit from picking up a used RME ADI-2...
  13. J

Paradigm Persona,

I have my Persona C angled up with these stacked felt floor saver things under the front legs. Last night I was playing some of the troublesome content and testing out removing them and making the C sit flat on my TV stand. Even though this means my ears are now further/higher up (further off...
  14. J

Paradigm Persona,

I use Dirac Live. I play with no eq above 350hz vs. full eq that has a target curve that drops +7khz by 1.5dB, but it should be stated overall they measure pretty flat in my room with no EQ above 350hz. To be honest, I don't mind the no eq. Sometimes full EQ sounds "boxy" whereas no eq above...
  15. J

Paradigm Persona,

Great suggestion - will try that. It's placed on a TV stand and is tilted up by 2 inches (placed some felt floor savers under the front feet) since the TV stand is low profile. It's about 10" off back wall.
Top Bottom