Recent content by jbattman1016

1. J

Dirac vs Audyssey Results and Questions

If you're playing with Audyssey don't forget to give the Audyssey One script a spin for fun. Helped my system sound a lot better after some minor adjustments post running the script.
  2. J

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

All I got out of all of this is that we should expect speakers maked in the USA under $400 to have a very colored sound and not be neutral. Idk. Maybe these speakers only work well in certain room shapes and seating positions. Did you guys see the post over at AVS about the philharmonic BRM...
  3. J

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

I think they are referring to how a speaker's load changes based on the frequency provided.
  4. J

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Monoprice Encore T5 SMSL A50
  5. J

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Yeah, I have a setup with an old 2 channel amp from a dumpster I'm using which is fed my analog from my ten band realistic stereo EQ. This device would clean up my setup and greatly simplify it. So likely a purchase for me if it goes on ANY discount. Lol
  6. J

Monoprice Monolith Encore T5 speaker, listening impressions of a cheapskate

Yeah, I was thinking of getting 3 as LRC, but I don't have anything justification for this lol
  7. J

Refreshing movies worth watching

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I enjoyed "Dolemite Is My Name".
  8. J

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Lack of Hdmi-arc or any digital input is a miss for me. The WiiM for only $99 usd more is more attractive to me.
  9. J

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

I need to check the review, but for the price they look like a good value. I'm biased to the Encores from monoprice, but only when they are on sale.
  10. J

Monoprice Monolith Encore T5 speaker, listening impressions of a cheapskate

I was playing these with the ports stuffed. This made the speakers mid and high frequencies very pronounced. Adjusting the 2 band eq of bass from 0 to 4 and leaving treble at 0. Wow. Wonderful. Maybe they should ship these as sealed.
  11. J

idk, I would likely just pick up a 2.1 set of computer speakers at bestbuy and hook that up to my laptop.
  12. J

The college student spending $668 on a stereo is someone I would have liked to be friends with in school.
Top Bottom