Recent content by Iwe

1. Iwe

Audio Advent calendar

Hello everyone, the Verband Deutscher Tonmeister (german tonmeister association) is currently running an audio advent calendar. Professionals each name a song that was produced with high quality. I'm looking forward to it every day, maybe it's something for you too :) Happy holidays...
  2. Iwe

The BEST rooms - looking for real world measurements

Looks perfect :D I share your experience with the sloping response for near field monitoring. Yesterday I read the pinned thread by Amir Link and the linked threads again. Especially the tips from Floyd Toole are very interesting. I would like to delve further into the topic described there...
  3. Iwe

Great, thanks for the tip. It could be a forgotten high-pass filter in the desk, a low cut on the speaker (-12dB at 30Hz) or a modal cancellation (REW says -20dB at 40 Hz). The exact same speaker measures like this in another room Anyway, it's not intentional. What do you think it could be? I...
  4. Iwe

Yes, maybe because of the missing near field measurement. These are good measurements (with Klippel Near field scanner) https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/neumann-kh-310a-review-powered-monitor.17723/
  5. Iwe

The second room is a television studio where sporting events are mixed live in Dolby Atmos. I had the pleasure of planning the acoustics and overseeing the execution. Of course, you make a lot of compromises depending on the space, schedule, budget, and try to achieve the best for the user. The...
  6. Iwe

Yes, these aer two different rooms. The first measurement with the red graph is made in an anechoic chamber. All the walls, ceiling and floor are porous absorbers with around 70cm depth. You walk on a grid. These rooms are good for some measurements, like loudspeaker frequency response...
  7. Iwe

Does the download work out? Here are some outtakes. The first graph is a Neumann KH310 measured in a reflection free room, second a Neumann KH420 center speaker in an new build Dolby Atmos Setup with Sub KH870. No Mic calibration, so above 6k its not true ;-) Graph 3 is also the Atmos Center...
  8. Iwe

The REW file can be downloaded here, (is 7mb zip too large for post attachement in ASR?) -->wetransfer
  9. Iwe

Hi cyjanopan, sorry for being late :-) are you still interested in real world measurement?
Top Bottom