Recent content by iwantobelieve

1. I

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Understood, but I don’t understand why several other posts which are equally off topic have been left in the thread (some of which I don’t make sense now the posts which lead to them no longer exist) - perhaps these should also be deleted?
  2. I

Aesthetics - design and materials, etc., are extremely important to many people, especially in a domestic environment. Build quality and quality parts are also a factor, as is where the component is built (if you care about people working in decent conditions and earning a decent wage). In fact...
  3. I

Starkrimson Mono - The Absolute Sound Budget Product of the Year 2021

Well done for the excellent review and award! Certainly on my short list for amps when I’m ready to upgrade.
  4. I

Thanks. I'm trying to organise a demo or two at the moment, now Covid restrictions are lifting in the UK. Very interested to hear anything Class D, and also the Benchmark.
  5. I

Have you heard a Purifi amp? Wondered if they’re any nicer in the treble than Ncore…
  6. I

Definitely. Ideally I’m going to try and get a side by side demo of these two. Very curious - never heard Class D before.
  7. I

I've been forced to play with various levels of fidelity over the years as I find a reasonable amount of the music I love isn't necessarily recorded well enough to enjoy on a some super-revealing systems, but refuse to let my system dictate what I can listen to. My main rig is very good at...
  8. I

Thanks for the impressions. I've owned several amps over the years capable of differentiating between different quality sources, and seemingly pretty neutral in terms of balance. I'd be interested to hear an AHB2 to see if it brings anything new to the table subjectively that the others...
  9. I

Out of interest, have you heard it? If so, some feedback on subjective SQ would be appreciated.
  10. I

Agreed. I'm not sure the measurement protocol has changed - from what I've seen, Paul Miller has been pretty consistent over the years (probably so that products remain comparable?). I don't know for sure though. I think this is a really interesting thought. Peter Walker was obviously a very...
  11. I

These are all interesting and potentially revealing aspects to explore. I believe measurements could characterise subjective sound quality, but results such as the above, rather different to the test parameters commonly measured, do make you wonder whether we are missing measurements which might...
  12. I

Just a quick note - the first post in this latest exchange uses the graph for the AHB2, not the Purifi (Nad C298 implementation). To be clear, here are the different graphs we're talking about - 1. AHB2: 2: Nad C298 (Purifi): 3. Quad QSP (last iteration of the classic 'current dumper')...
  13. I

From your description I might have to see if I can find an unmolested pair of 606s...
  14. I

Would you attribute this to the current limiting they used to employ, or something else?
  15. I

The point you make about source material is why I eventually steered away from systems that are too accurate/revealing and gone for a slightly 'warm'/forgiving sound deliberately - I listen to a very wide variety of music and movies and far from all are recorded well. I'm wary of not wanting to...
Top Bottom