Recent content by Ivanovich

1. Ivanovich

A Real, Audiophile-Grade, Solution for Hearing Loss on All Devices

Being basically deaf above 9K with tinnitus seems unfixable. However, I find the brain fills in what‘a missing very well and most music doesn’t have much above 10K. I once tried EQ’ing up the frequencies where I had less sensitivity and the result was that those frequencies were over...
  2. Ivanovich

Please recommend loudspeaker cable... Professional but not extreme audiophile type

Lamp wire works just fine. The electrons don’t care how much you paid for the wires!
  3. Ivanovich

SO ... HOW do we measure soundstage???

I’d say soundstage is primarily produced by the stereophonic or multi-channel system, including the room. Measuring differences between channels (L/R) could reveal alteration of what one perceives as soundstage. Also, a room with a highly absorptive side opposite a reflective side should also...
  4. Ivanovich

Studio Monitors for now until the end

I wouldn’t discount sealed box speakers, they may actually work better in your small space and they will have better transient response. With such a small space you are going to get plenty of room lift (support for low frequencies), making it ideal for non-ported speakers. A 3m^2 room, with two...
  5. Ivanovich

does anyone enjoy flat sound from audio speakers?

Ignoring speakers with objective woeful performance - Because despite the design choices, they are going to be put in a room, everyone of which will be different. Add to that user preference. It’s not sad, it’s reality.
  6. Ivanovich

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Yep, I’d say the blame lays as much with the speakers as the amp.
  7. Ivanovich

Based on my experience it would depend on the speakers used. I was using cheap, 8-ohm speakers with exaggerated high end. Performance was audibly bad compared to an old Yamaha Class A/B receiver. (Why match $60 amp with $1000 speaker?)
  8. Ivanovich

does anyone enjoy flat sound from audio speakers?

Nope, the room (any room) acts like a filter, absorbing (carpet, furniture, curtains, etc.) and reflecting (walls) at various frequencies. Smaller the rooms tend to make resonances higher in frequency and closer to the ceiling height’s resonance frequency, which can concentrate the peaks and...
  9. Ivanovich

This is funny but I kind of disagree. I’ll grant you that confirmation bias is strong but there is a fourth scenario. Cheap, poorly executed design. Last year, I bought two $60 Chi-Fi Fosi TB10D’s. Hooked it up and even my wife (not a critical listener) could hear that it sounded terrible. Same...
  10. Ivanovich

AI and Future of Music Production

With any luck, I’ll be dead by 2060 and stone deaf well before that! ;)
  11. Ivanovich

I am reading that graph as having les than 1dB SPL deviations, am I wrong? If not, I’d consider that an effect not worth worrying about. It’s a $300 piece of kit and does everything I need it to do. Worrying about 1dB variation when it’s going in a room having 10-30db peaks and nulls is not for...
  12. Ivanovich

I did, the load dependent frequency response start to rise at about 7-8 KHz, 2-5K doesn’t seem much affected on the graph. If it bothers you that much, pretend I didn’t mention my hearing. :rolleyes:
  13. Ivanovich

Personally, I don’t hear above 10K, but the speakers are 2-way, 4-ohms, so my young-ear’d niece should be fine too. The HP/LP let’s the sub handle the low frequencies and relieves the amp of being pushed harder to drive the lows, which helps with my worry that it would distort when pushed...
Top Bottom