Recent content by intelfx

1. I

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

I've just got a pair of these as my desktop speakers. Note, I'm not doing any sound engineering/studio work or anything — a more audio-savvy friend heavily recommended them to me and I just didn't feel like researching anything else. Question: I've read in this thread that selection of the "LF...
  2. I

[ADVICE] Dac&Amp for € 500/600

I'll have to jump in — nobody replied to my question in the DX7Pro comments section. Let's say I have the DT990 600Ω and DX7Pro (built-in amp). According to its specs it is rated for 300Ω on the unbalanced output, and 600Ω on the balanced one. According to measurements here on ASR, its...
  3. I

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

"96dB sensitivity" (I assume that's 96 dBSPL/V?) I was talking about Beyerdynamics DT990, but I don't exactly have them, that was just an example. Aren't most quasi-hi-end headphones similar in sensitivity, or does a difference of 10dB mean a lot?
  4. I

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Question: is DX7 Pro (built-in amp) going to be enough for, say, 600 ohm headphones?
  5. I

Desktop DAC+amplifier to drive the DT 990 250 Ohm (maybe extended to speakers in future)

Thank you very much. Yes, I do not intend to actively choose something for the speakers right now. I simply need something that can be extended to drive speakers in some indeterminate future without throwing away already bought hardware. Yes, I believe so, at least for the foreseeable future...
  6. I

Desktop DAC+amplifier to drive the DT 990 250 Ohm (maybe extended to speakers in future)

Hm, I'm not seeing it in the reviews here. Is it good (for whatever definition of good I should be using)? Or just cheap?
  7. I

Greetings fine folks. Let's say I got the beyerdynamics DT 990 250 Ohm as a birthday gift. Which is not strictly true, but it matches the situation close enough — I'm not a music / hi-end sound connoisseur, it just so happens that I have those headphones without any relevant knowledge and I...
Top Bottom