Recent content by gwing

1. G

WiiM Ultra... Am I missing something?

I think this the USB specification though. There are USB hosts such as the Wiim reading mass storage or the PC sending data and USB clients which would be the Wiim receiving data from the PC. They are different so to do both jobs the Wiim would need two USB ports, one for host and one for...
  2. G

Ah, you want the PC as source and Wiim downstream. So basically you need to output on coax/optical from your PC (via a converter as mentioned before if your PC doesn't have one). Or connect via analog, or run some sort of music server on your PC and connect over ethernet. All of those should work.
  3. G

The Wiim will indeed do that preamp stuff to connect to your power amp. Where is the PC being used in that architecture though?
  4. G

Usb a to usb a cable for audio (low budget cable)

Yes, usb3 is backwards compatable with usb2. But use usb3 if you have the choice.
  5. G

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

Unless you want to replace the unit the obvious choices would seem to be either pay the service cost or just use the RCA input and live with it. I guess you could also try putting a passive mono (or half a stereo) volume control into either RCA or XLR path and adjusting that to correct the...
  6. G

O-Noorus D3 [TPA3255 Stereo DAC/Amplifier] - User Impressions | Owner's Thread

It's neither one nor the other really, they work together. Understand that the amplifier just amplifies the signal voltage and puts that output voltage across the speakers, and the maximum amplified voltage will be the voltage of the power supply so yes that power supply voltage will limit your...
  7. G

NAD M66 (vs NAD M33 and M10V2)

And *that* is exactly why the hifi magazines exist and get paid by their advertisers. Their profit doesn't come from what you pay for the magazine so it isn't difficult to work out where the loyalty of magazines lies. Back in the day I used to avidly read these things until I realised they...
  8. G

Usb a to usb a cable for audio (low budget cable)

Yes, forget hi-fi brands as they bring *nothing* extra to the party on USB cables - just get a decent quality robustly made one, I tend to look for ones with gold plated connectors and braided sheaths, although none of that is strictly necessary, but there are many like this available for very...
  9. G

O-Noorus D3 [TPA3255 Stereo DAC/Amplifier] - User Impressions | Owner's Thread

You can of course use a 20A or a 200A supply with the amplifier but it is only going to draw as much current as your speakers impedance requires for your signal. If you use speakers of lower impedance than a manufacturers specification drawing more power than the specification allows you can...
  10. G

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Am I missing something here? Fosi have kindly shown on this forum that their supply is indeed capable of the claimed 48V 10A output, have you not read those posts or are you suggesting the supplied evidence and results are false/faked?
  11. G

New production three way Big bookshelf speakers

P.S. I see that Audio Note still manufacture their AN E series of speakers and are ideal for the purpose. I hated the sound of the one my pal had back in the day though, that said it produced shatteringly fast dynamics from a mere 8w amp.
  12. G

New production three way Big bookshelf speakers

Mainly classical music to reasonable levels in a medium size room from a 15W valve amp? No problem with that, it should do it easily but it will like a nice sensitive speaker, likely a biggish one with paper cones, and definitely without erratic impedance curves. Even back in the 70s-20s when...
  13. G

HIGH END Munich 2024

I thought they'd be more appropriate in my garden amongst the vegetables rather than in my living room :)
  14. G

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Because 95 is already better than your ears.
  15. G

HIGH END Munich 2024

At least for those that only have two ears :)
Top Bottom