Recent content by gordoste

1. G

Development of DIY Pi5 multi-channel soundcard

My prototype has bipolar electros as film caps would massively increase the BOM cost (there are 14 of them).
  2. G

Well, the prototype is built. I have tested the power section and it generates all 4 rails (3.3V for digital, 5V for analog, 5.5V for +ve op-amp rail and -3.3V for -ve op-amp rail). I used a stencil for the first time to do the front and it is awesome. I did the back manually and ended up with...
  3. G

Multichannel audio on a Pi will get a whole lot easier and cheaper!

@phofman - I thought he could run the Rpi5 with CDSP+cdsp_setrate in gadget mode and connect it via USB to the RPi4 which is the source. Is that not feasible?
  4. G

Have you looked at the MiniDSP Flex series? They will let you do all of this correction/filtering on a well-tested and stable platform. Of course, you are welcome to try the DIY route.
  5. G

I would recommend looking at this https://github.com/marcoevang/camilladsp-setrate I don't use it myself as my input is always the same sample rate, but there is a thread on DIYaudio https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/sample-rate-switcher-for-camilladsp.403054/ This would allow you to...
  6. G

From your screenshots, you are opening the I2S input and grabbing at 96kHz in S32_LE format. So it seems like you do know what samplerate and format is coming in - otherwise using hw: wouldn't work. I can't see your playback samplerate - it seems to be cut off. You should probably enable...
  7. G

Did you get this sorted? I believe vc4-kms-v3d is the recommended HDMI driver now so you should be using that (at least, if you've updated Raspi OS). In older releases of Raspi OS, they used the FKMS driver which shows up like above. From your aplay output on a later post, it looked like...
  8. G

My Pi4B has video output going to HDMI0 - to my TV - and 8 channels audio going out to HDMI1 - to my HDMI extractor, DACs and amplifiers. So I had similar requirements. By adding a couple of lines in /etc/asound.conf, you can configure the default ALSA audio device. Below you can see I've set...
  9. G

You might want to route 8 output channels to I2S, and the other two to another output device.
  10. G

OK, well over the last month I have made substantial improvements to the design, including: Corrected a major schematic error where +/- inputs of some op-amps were swapped. Complete redo of layout, with much better routing and less wasted space. Change of grounding scheme away from split...
  11. G

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

Pretty sure those jacks aren't rated to 48V / 12A (as specified on their website). But it's good value.
  12. G

Even if it's all in your head, it's still real :)
  13. G

Please review this thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/class-d-faq.19557/#post-643591
  14. G

Hi all, I am working to develop a soundcard for the Pi5 that utilises the new multi-channel I2S capability. The design parameters are: Decent performance for reasonable price (<-90dB THD+N for ~$100 parts) 8 channels out, 6+ channels in At least 96kHz sampling rate Full isolation from the Pi -...
  15. G

That's cool. I wouldn't be worrying about soldering 0603 SMD components, if you can solder the IC and HDMI connectors then that's easy! Personally I use a DIY reflow oven which saves a lot of time. You might wonder why I don't use HDMI. I have no surround sound speakers - I am using my TV as the...
Top Bottom