Recent content by GD Fan

1. GD Fan

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Kudos to Ar Pe Pe for the level of disclosure on the back label.
  2. GD Fan

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Finally scored a bottle of that Ghost in the Machine ale from Parish. That is one green, hoppy brew!
  3. GD Fan

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Light, refreshing, and quaffable. Perfect for hot, humid New Orleans.
  4. GD Fan

Unpopular Opinions in Music

My most unpopular opinion on music is no doubt my lifelong distaste for grunge and, especially, Nirvana. Given my age it should be my most favorite but no - singing off key in minor scales about juvenile / infantile complaints simply never did it for me (thankfully). But, as I've said before...
  5. GD Fan

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

Methinks we're getting spoiled.
  6. GD Fan

Forge acquitted itself well, won some coverts for sure and at least one save in google maps that I noticed. The Weil was the consensus wine of the night, I think. Lauer was also excellent, only slightly outdone by the Weil. BA Dr. Loosen was in a league of its own, just totally different from...
  7. GD Fan

Riesling tasting here on the upper west tonight.
  8. GD Fan

BEIJING Motor Show

Looks like 2024 is the year of the ugly cars.
  9. GD Fan

That's sort of like the Marathon du Medoc. https://www.marathondumedoc.com/en/photos/
  10. GD Fan

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

Down the Road Wherever was very good and its predecessor Tracker was, to me, an absolute late career masterpiece.
  11. GD Fan

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

Try giving Tunnel 13 a few listens. It definitely rekindles thoughts of classic Knopfler.
  12. GD Fan

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

I grew up (mostly, to the extent I did) in the '80s and therefore assumed I'd never see Led Zeppelin. So seeing Page & Plant at the UNO Arena in 1995 remains one of the top concert memories of my life.
  13. GD Fan

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

Los Lonely Boys.
  14. GD Fan

Sonic Lamb Headphone with Subwoofer Review

Sounds like they have some interesting ideas here. Innovation isn't always a straight line up. Here's hoping they get there in the end.
Top Bottom