Recent content by Eric Natural

1. Eric Natural

Replace 3 way with 2 way + sub for better room correction?

I like the idea of 2 stand-mounted mains and in similar fashion to Elk above ^ recco minimum x2 subs to balance the room. Cheers
  2. Eric Natural

The kit we bought, our current setups

I'm sliding slowly into the 21st century w/some new gear here - just beginning the testing phase of integrating the minidsp flex/dirac device's tricks - you are looking at just 3 sources(the old Sony R2R & the dmp3 are just bling here - nothing is set in stone as far as placement in my cabinets...
  3. Eric Natural

When did you last listen to live music

In the last month, Aimee Mann, Marc Cohn - this summer we have tix to see Ben Howard, Bruce Hornsby(w/the local symphony orchestra), Keb Mo, Shawn Colvin, MUTEK in Montreal. A friend just offered me two seats to the Stones at Soldier Field Chicago - but I think it would just be more than a...
  4. Eric Natural

Sphere Entertainment acquires sole supplier Holoplot

Mrs Natural & I saw U2 in October from the Sphere's GA floor, maybe 15 meters from the band. Sound was terrific and very balanced ~85db according to my iPhone. Peace
  5. Eric Natural

U-Turn Pluto 2 Review (Phono Preamp)

I just got one of these to upgrade phono as part of my "moving into the 21st century" update program :=) I'm currently running a Sumiko Pearl on an Audioquest AQ2 arm, mounted on a Revolver Super table. Upgrade to a more polished cartridge is next on the list as the TT runs just fine. The Pluto2...
  6. Eric Natural

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Possible to take the miniDSP device out of the chain & re-calibrate ? You're applying dsp on top of dsp - maybe the issue
  7. Eric Natural

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

If you'd like, I can send you my mic to calibrate - with your word to send it back as I'm already dialed in . . ,
  8. Eric Natural

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

I can't get enough of this girl's voice
  9. Eric Natural

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

batz - I totally get the idea to hot-rod the device but if anything, I think you'd be adding more heat to the internals. best of luck
  10. Eric Natural

How Long Do Speakers Sound as They Were Designed ?

update : the dome replacements don't fit so I ordered whole new tweeter assemblies from MA - fresh ferro fluid etc. It was either that or buy new speaks with all the complexities & cost of that decision. Cheers
  11. Eric Natural

New member - 2 channel room correction advice

I'm just doing a 2 channel set-up similar to the OP's vision, this is for my stereo room as video/Atmos happens in the living room. Here's what I've come-up with so far : Airplay2 streamer and CD & phono sources > miniDSP Flexbox/Dirac/as a Pre via rca's > Fosi V3 amp > sub & speaks
  12. Eric Natural

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

easy for me to suggest Amy Winehouse here . . .
  13. Eric Natural

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Nostalgia is a drug
  14. Eric Natural

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I plugged it in to test it only, still obviously having leagues to go before the thing is dialed in. At the same time have upgraded to a Fosi V3 amp to drive the speaks. Welcome to the 21st Century son. I've got signal ! Cheers
  15. Eric Natural

Unpopular Opinions in Music

Conversely I might be the only 66yr old guy who absolutely loves Deadmau5
Top Bottom