Recent content by Elmutcho

1. E

Active monitors for classic rock, blues and soul.

To close this thread off, I have purchased a pair of 8341a's, running from the SPDIF out of a Focusrite Clarett+ 4pre and they are absolutely fantastic, just amazing quality of sound. Thanks for all the help.
  2. E

Audio interface with SPDIF out

Any advice if I want both analogue inputs and digital out?? Thanks
  3. E

Sorry, thank you for your reply but I was looking for input for recording guitar/bass/vocals
  4. E

No I was going to use GLM and Genelec volume knob.
  5. E

Hi there, i'm lining up to buy some Genelec 8341a's and I'm trying to work out best way of feeding them digital signal. I'm also looking to start some home recording with my band and so I figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone with an audio interface. I'm looking at Focusrite Clarett+...
  6. E

Scrap the above, i'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of 8341a. My question is i'd like to kill 2 birds with one stone and use an audio interface with digital out to send signal to the genetics, whilst also being able to do some recording. Any recommendations for an interface that has...
  7. E

I heard some Wharfedale Linton’s the other day and really enjoyed them. Thinking of moving things around to fit them in behind the desk. Any recommendations for an integrated amp or pre/power combo to drive them? Preferably small to fit on a desk.
  8. E

Bass traps down the side of cupboards.

Thank you for giving some more specifics, I’ll definitely look into your suggestions
  9. E

I realise it is not going to be perfect or full range or whatever you are holding to gold standard. What I’m trying to ask is if I am limited with what I can do, will that make some difference and where can I tweak to make the most improvements. 20% coverage is surely better than none.. I’m not...
  10. E

Thank you, not sure I have the funds for the bass array.. but something I will think about. Unfortunately the cupboards needs to be structural, they're going to contain the multiple hard guitar cases. To try to demonstrate a little more, this is more what i'm envisioning? If say I put 4x the...
  11. E

This is just an early planning stage, maybe I haven’t been clear, I’ve just got a bare wall at the moment. I’d like two cupboard for storage, and wondering what I can do around them. What happens if I stack something like 2 GIK bass traps in either corner, next to the cupboards, will that work...
  12. E

The dimensions are flexible, that’s the point. What I mean, is I placed say something the equivalent of GIK acoustics Soffit bass traps down the side of the cupboards. They are 42cm, but I’m asking what the minimum size? If I had a 30cm gap either side floor to ceiling filled with absorbing...
  13. E

Hi there, I am wanting to pick some brains about designing some stealth bass traps. I have a music room that I am trying to make as acoustically good as possible but it is on display in the house and the wife is very firm about aesthetics. I have a wall, mostly out of sight that I am planning to...
  14. E

To resurrect, more and more I’m thinking of having a f**k it moment and going with a pair of “the ones”, will the 8341a be a good fit for my room (6x4x2.5h m - 20x13x8ft)?
Top Bottom