Recent content by DTSman

1. DTSman

Home Theater 11.2.4 DTS:X Pro [Denon X6800H]

Indeed 8320 speakers have often been adjusted for last years but today I think they have found their optimal location according to Dolby Atmos Home Theater Specifications and also Trinnov Speaker User Guide. No I do not want use external DSP. I want to have the fewest components in the audio...
  2. DTSman

Also added bassTrap in the rear corners
  3. DTSman

11.4.4 speaker setup done by adding two rear subwoofers with basstrap (9.4.4 Denon X6800 processing)
  4. DTSman

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

Hello, Unfortunately I only use direct optical HDMI from the X6800 to my projector. No TV in my room, so I do not use Earc for instance. I just open a thread to describe my system: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/home-theater-11-2-4-dts-x-pro-denon-x6800h.52762/
  5. DTSman

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hello everyone, Nico from France, home-cinema's fan since the beginning of LaserDisc. I just open a thread to present my HT system. Have a good day and make the great sound be with you :)
  6. DTSman

Hello, I am Nico from France. Home cinema's fan for almost 30 years. I often read this forum and more precisly Amirm reviews. Thanks for his work. Here my home theater: 11.2.4 speakers with 9.2.4 processing drived by a Denon X6800H which just replaced a Denon X6700H. Speakers: 3 fronts JBL...
  7. DTSman

Member from France : my system in picture! Denon 6800

Nice upgrade The dark side of DTS:X Pro upmixer unleashed :)
  8. DTSman

Hello, The X6800 is running for 1 week in my home theater. Setup 11.2.4 JBL Pro speakers with 9.2.4 processing enable. I tested full preamp mode and now a mix using internal denon amplifier to feed front wide, surround, surround back, front height and top middle speakers (10 amps used). Front...
  9. DTSman

Logic of paiement for licence is different from the logic for audio processing it self. For sure you will have to pay BassControl to get ART module. However those 2 processing are independants: when you use ART module in Dirac Software, BassControl is off.
  10. DTSman

As Sebastien G. from StormAudio explain in this video , Dirac ART is not a magic tool than can solve lack of treatment in the room. The main goal of ART is to maximize the impulse response for frequences under 150Hz. I hope the implementation of ART in the new generation of Denon/Marantz will...
  11. DTSman

Hi, A small precision, when we use ART, bassControl is disabled and vice versa. So we can suppose if the customer pay licence for ART it will not mandatory to pay for BassControl module.
  12. DTSman

With my current setup 9.2.4 and Audyssey MultEQ Editor calibration it sounds like my previous X6700. There is no big difference. It was predictable. However I plan to add 2 rear subwoofers in the next week to set 9.4.4 speakers. And then I will compare Audyssey vs Dirac BassControl vs Dirac...
  13. DTSman

My display (Epson LS12000) allows 4K120 but I have not yet games using this mode. Otherwise I will continue my test this week. For now I set the same configuration like my previous X6700: 9.2.4 speaker with Audyssey XT32 using MultEQ editor. I will add 2 rear subwoofers in the next weeks and...
  14. DTSman

I hope you will enjoy this upgrade: front wide, DTS X Pro, DSU Wide and then Dirac :cool:
  15. DTSman

Hi, Also received the AVR X6800 in order to replace a X6700 in 9.2.4 setup. Quick test with PS5 was ok. Denon info input/output display 4K60 HDR10 BT2020 RGB 12bits 32Gbps.
Top Bottom