Recent content by dman777

1. D

Voltage conversion instead of step up transformer?

No, went with a luxman 595 class a amp instead... the American version
  2. D

Rel Sub S/812 - Should I keep the box?

I bought a REL sub s/812. The box of it is huge. I usually save my audiophile equipment boxes in case I want to sell the item later down the road. The REL was freight shipped to me. Is it worth keeping the box? If I ever decided to sell it, would it be worth having it freight shipped rather...
  3. D

How to hook up sub to PC?

I have a basic PC sound card. My 2 speakers are normal PC speakers with a single line in/out cord. I have a left over REL 7x sub from my Hi-fi setup in the other room. How can I connect the sub to it? Do I need a y splitter for the line out on the PC card?
  4. D

Yamaha Pre Outs Not Working In This Configuration

I would prefer to use the RN2000A subwoofer out. But it doesn't have a L R connections, just a single out. Should I get a y splitter for that so it will take the single sub cable and turn it into a L R?
  5. D

Yamaha Pre Outs Not Working In This Configuration

Question, please... I have a Yamaha r-n2000a which I use a preamp to the Yamaha AS-3200. The Yamaha r-n2000a pre outs are used/taken to go to the main on the Yamaha AS-3200. Since I am using the Yamaha AS-3200 as a amplifier only with the main in, the bass and treble controls do not apply in...
  6. D

Power Cord For Amp - do volts matter?

Ok, here is the story.... I have 2 amps and I got my power cords mixed up shuffling my amps around. One cord is 14 gauge and the other is 16 gauge. I can't remember which one goes to which amp. So, I called the official Luxman service department in the USA. The guy told me he recommends at...
  7. D

I mean replace the power cord.... I want to get one that is thicker gauge and more high quality than the one that came with.
  8. D

I want to replace my power cord on my Luxman 595 class A amp with a upgraded one. The voltage currently stamped on the cord is 300v. I only want to spend about $100.00, but the ones I have found so far have not gone up to 300v. There was one I liked but it was 125v. Is that going to be a issue...
  9. D

Could the McIntosh 12000 350watts blow the Sopra 1 speakers easily?

what exactly is my focus? were you with me when I listened to the speakers? are you with me all the time to know every evaluation of audio product I do? Also, what is your solution? Should I listen to every combo of speaker and amp that exists? Is that what you did for you to know so much...
  10. D

Correct, but I did not ask the opinion on others on how it sounded. I asked a technical question.
  11. D

Yes, I did hear the system and I thought it was incredible. It was a bit on the bright side, I hope that wasn't from the hiss? There were no subs at the time so I figured with some subs it would be less bright. Before I make my purchase I'll go back and listen to with the sub. I don't...
  12. D

Of course I would be buying two subs. Why does everyone assume that I wouldn't? Why would I cheap out at this point? I didn't include that in my original post because it's out of the context of my simple question
  13. D

No, because I would be spending extra money two subs
  14. D

I am slowly putting together my final system. After much time, I have picked out the Focal Sopra 1 bookshelves and the MacIntosh 12000 amp. But come to my dismay, I found the Sopra 1 recommended power is 25-150 watts (4 ohm). The MacIntosh is 350 watts x 2 (any ohm). Does this mean that there is...
  15. D

Is my new 65" Tv mounted to high?

It's really hard to tell from 10 feet away but I think my eyes are level with the Sonos bar when I am on the futon. Is that bad?
Top Bottom