Recent content by Count Dacula

1. Count Dacula

What electronic audio products you want tested most

How about electrostatic speakers? I dont' remember seeing them reviewed.
  2. Count Dacula

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Generally, amps and DACs are settled science. Speakers, going forward, are essentially the weakest link with the most subjective do-do.
  3. Count Dacula

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

My W111s :cool: Far from obsolete.
  4. Count Dacula

Now we're way off-topic. I guess we would say, "Fins are Cool!"
  5. Count Dacula

My Vidar went into thermal shutdown so often I thought something was wrong with it. I put a PC fan on it for a while, but it made a dusty mess. Again, the Adcom never went into shutdown, nevar.
  6. Count Dacula

I have a Vidar 1, for the record. No complaints, but it and my Parasound 2125 and Adcom 545 MkII are all pretty close in performance. It took the move to a D class Nord VL NC 252 to actually get a noteworthy bump. I meant to mention the Adcom previously in regards to longevity. For over 30...
  7. Count Dacula

What is the point of upsampling?

That's what I am saying. Even though they are two completely different approaches and domains, the data process flows in a similar manner. Of course people here understand the differences. My examples are both AC electronic schemes that accomplish a similar task, quite distinct from the physical...
  8. Count Dacula

Just like the digital upsampled frequency being more effectively filtered, then normalized at playback, the RIAA does the reverse in "compressing" the levels with a filter, later reconstructed at playback...
  9. Count Dacula

Correct if I am wrong, but it seems like RIAA correction is a sort of analog "resampling" for vinyl.
  10. Count Dacula

Without comment, I can add the metrics from my Receiver saga. Got a midrange Dennon, Nakamichi and a NIB Sony ES repaired with 2 of 3 being fixed successfully. The tech is a ball buster, but likes me, and knows I'll throw money at him to get what I want. I just gave up on the ES, it was a...
  11. Count Dacula

I don't want to get in the middle of this, but I guess you would say, "not worth fixing" ....especially if you pay a tech. but that says something about the capitol costs involved in an AB amp. The PS, the transistors, the heatsinks and bigger case... it commands a deeper investment if a small...
  12. Count Dacula

I just realized, as a relative latecomer, that D class amps are the LED bulb of audio....in multiple ways. o_O
  13. Count Dacula

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Ha ha, I should not be wearing these glasses while shopping online. I edited it for editorial sake, thanks.
  14. Count Dacula

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Just got the Fosi V3 mini amp for $71 direct on Amazon. I think it's a decent deal, especially for a mfg storefront. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C36S8DCT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  15. Count Dacula

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I just got one, $71 Fire Sale Amazon I don't even know which PS it comes with, if any. I've hoarded enough to find an old one and adapt it... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C36S8DCT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Top Bottom