Recent content by Canuck57

1. Canuck57

A Call For Humor!

2. Canuck57

A Call For Humor!

3. Canuck57

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Another one bites the dust...
  4. Canuck57

A Call For Humor!

5. Canuck57

Cat News?

@TW so sorry for your loss, disgusting that a neighbour would do that.
  6. Canuck57

Speakers from last century that you love

Great little speakers, I managed to pick up 4 pairs at various times from a thrift shop priced from $10 to $20 a pair, I gave them away to friends. My Dad and I bought these back in the day as well. I've got one pair left. I’ve never had the nicer wood ones though.
  7. Canuck57

A Call For Humor!

8. Canuck57

Your vintage audio bargains. Show us pics.

I have a buyer lined up for this, although I'm still debating whether to sell it ...
  9. Canuck57

Your vintage audio bargains. Show us pics.

I just sold these over the last month on Canuckaudiomart, I have way too much stuff.
  10. Canuck57

How common is this?

I assume it's cheaper for the manufactuer to install the three-prong female IEC receptable on the back of all units and use the ground plug in a country where it's required, if any do require grounding of the chassis over double insulated. I assume my unit must be double insulated even though...
  11. Canuck57

How common is this?

Yes it is common, however it seems deceiving to the customer to have a three-prong power cord connection when there is no grounding of the unit. My unit was made in China, December 2003 and does not have the double insulated symbol but a UL certification.
  12. Canuck57

How common is this?

I was replacing the belt on a Denon DVD-2900 CD/SACD player and noticed that the ground prong in the 3-prong female power socket on the back of the unit was not internally wired to anything inside the unit. I'm assuming it passed an electrical certification as internally it's double insulated...
  13. Canuck57

How Many Inches?

My speakers Tri-Art Open Baffle 4 speakers have 15" woofers and an 8" full range, however I supplement the bass (less because it's an open baffle design) with a SVS 1000 Pro (12" I think). Totem Tribes have two Torrent 4" mid-range/woofers that go down to 30Hz Warfedale Lintons have 10" woofer...
  14. Canuck57

Cat News?

Love Dylan too, my cat leaves the room when I play ANY music unless I have it on really low. She's OK with movies though with loud explosions and such. Perhaps I should try her with different genres of music to see if she will stay for, say soft jazz, LOL @Rick63, I notice you're from Upsate...
Top Bottom