Recent content by BarryTone

1. B

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

This amp is tremendous value and you could build an inexpensive multi-room system by combining in-wall with active speakers using Wiim minis. The following are all double or more but to be fair some have speakers with built-in streaming which is cleaner, and SONOS has room correction software...
  2. B

Need Your Advice on Developing a 5.1 Channel DAC

Agreed - build a Wiim Amp competitor.
  3. B

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Lot of new products coming from Sonos in 2024: https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/12/03/sonos-plans-wave-of-audio-product-launches-for-2024
  4. B

Multi-room installations with in-wall speakers- question

From the Episode description: Global Inputs From single source with volume controls to independent sources at each room – or any combination in between – this amplifier has the flexibility you need. Global A/B provides two independent global sources that can be mapped to desired channel pairs –...
  5. B

What DAC to try in effort to see if a separate DAC improves music sound vs my Anthem STR preamp?

I hope to never own a separate DAC. I would try one of these instead that Amir just tested: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-pro-plus-streamer-review.50254/
  6. B

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

I would never buy a DAC! I want a decent one built in to my integrated Amp. It's just a chip. Hopefully the new Wiim Amp tests well. SVS, Sonos, Bluesound, FOSI, Yamama...you all get a chance too. Build a great inexpensive streaming Class D Amp or watch companies like Wiim take all of your...
  7. B

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

Oh nice - with Optical and HDMI ARC!
  8. B

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

Wiim mini + FOSI or Aiyima amp for under $200 makes way more sense than this PMA-600NE. FOSI, Wiim and Aiyima, here is your chance to add the other half to make an inexpensive streaming amplifier. Partnership with licensing agreement?
  9. B

Bluesound Powernode Streaming Amplifier Review

I did not find Amir’s SONOS review as negative as some here did and in fact he left out a recommendation. He did have some positive things to say including “The highlight of the unit is copious amount of power at 4 ohm in such a small and cool running package. I am not sure there are many...
  10. B

Audiophonics DA-S250NC DAC & Power Amp Review

New member here and I’d like to start by saying thank you Amir for all that you do. As impressive as this product is, it does not seem to be a SONOS killer. Although I don’t own the SONOS Amp, I’d be hard-pressed to give up HDMI ARC, a streamer with a wealth of options, TruePlay room...
Top Bottom