Recent content by antcollinet

1. antcollinet

Important: Another Wave of Account Hacks

Exactly. Plus we have to remember that computer power is getting better all the time, and hackers are hoovering up data and storing it in the hope that what now is not viable to brute force, will be in the future. Although that is probably not a huge issue for most of us.
  2. antcollinet

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Options: 1 - You need a Dac or other device with a built in crossover, and output for a sub. One example would be a mini DSP flex. 2 - You split the 2.0 output, and send it both to the main amps, and to the sub. Then use the low pass filter on the sub to perform the crossover. No high pass for...
  3. antcollinet

"Things that cannot be measured"

That is part of the process that has nothing to do with audio reproducion equipment. Which is what we are talking about measuring. We also can't measure the position of the 5 billionth hydrogen atom in the star Betelgeuse, but it also doesn't matter for the topic at hand here.
  4. antcollinet

"Things that cannot be measured"

Few of those have anything to do with audio reproduction - however we can still "measure" the result and (for example) put it in a recording.
  5. antcollinet

New member - 2 channel room correction advice

I've always thought of the .1 just designating a sub, rather than specifically an LFE channel. EG stereo amp with crossover to sub = 2.1. Nothing to do with LFE. They are two separate things. A crossover will split the frequency bands between Mains and Subs with or without LFE processing. If...
  6. antcollinet

The way passwords are often stored on a system is as a one way encrypted hash number. You enter the password, the algorithm converts it to a hash, and if the hash matches you are allowed in. When a site is hacked it is possible all the hashes are also obtained by the hackers. In this case...
  7. antcollinet

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Kickstarter has June as an estimate.
  8. antcollinet

Replacing The Manufacture’s Jumper Bar

sorry - that is nonsense.
  9. antcollinet

Connecting pre-amp to aux-in instead of main-in?

Sensitivity and Efficiency are two different ratings. Sensitivity - dB / Volt Efficiency - dB / Watt Sometimes people mix them up.
  10. antcollinet

Every website gets its own email address. Means I can blackhole them if they start to receive spam - plus I know which organisations leak email addresses into the wild.
  11. antcollinet

Similar - except I've moved to bitwarden - which is still free for single user sharing some passwords with one other user.
  12. antcollinet

With cloud based systems (at least with the one I use) they only store an encrypted copy of the password file. This only gets decrypted locally on my machine. So while all the network security is important, it is less so if the encryption is sufficiently secure. Convenience is always less...
  13. antcollinet

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

It is measured here at 85W with the 32V PSU (1% THD), not 125W. The gain is also measured at 26dB = 20x, so as you say 22V output from 1.1V input. P = VxV/R = 121W into 4ohm - so more than the amp can deliver. For a max of 85W (to avoid the amp clipping) you want to output no more than about...
  14. antcollinet

A SINAD of 80 or SINAD of 100 Can You Really Tell The Difference?

You won't get an argument from me. I passed the klippel test - once - at, I think -45dB, using IEM's. I never got even close again. With speakers, I struggle to reach -20dB
  15. antcollinet

Connecting pre-amp to aux-in instead of main-in?

I read up on it after your last post - it is nothing like a continuous rating. It lasts only a few thousandths of a second - enough perhaps for a percussive transient - no more.
Top Bottom