Alp's latest activity

• A
    Alp reacted to digitalfrost's post in the thread PEQ and a sound stage with Like Like.
    I have found the same thing. While excess phase correction can be benefitial in the bass regions, it also destroys sound stage when...
  • A
    Alp replied to the thread PEQ and a sound stage.
    @LIΟN , could you please elaborate on "This is not the same as applying a high-pass or low-pass filter" I am curious and would like to...
  • A
    So far I found my answer to EQ sound stage issue. EQ destroys soundstage if applied to non minimum phase regions. How to see those...
  • A
    Some good read from REW on the topic: https://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/minimumphase.html
  • A
    I am grateful for all your suggestions people, please keep them coming! Also reading the references shared in this thread, quite a few...
  • A
    As I mentioned before I don't understand how it works, people in this thread already suggested that PEQ may reverse the phase and do...
  • A
    Alp reacted to rogier's post in the thread PEQ and a sound stage with Like Like.
    The problem with EQ-ing both speakers differently, I believe, is that PEQ filters usually change not only the magnitude dependent on the...
  • A
    Thank you a lot for the analysis! I am listening from 2.7m from each speaker. I figured out that I don't hear much of issues with EQ...
  • A
    Alp reacted to LIΟN's post in the thread PEQ and a sound stage with Like Like.
    How far are you listening? recommend gating any EQ above roughly 200hz rather than full decay (REW defaults to 500ms), and judging...
  • A
    Alp reacted to Purité Audio's post in the thread PEQ and a sound stage with Like Like.
    You shouldn’t be adding any filters in the non -minimal phase region of the FR ie the mids and highs. REW can you show you the minimal...
  • A
    Bass eq under 70 Hz seems to not affect stereo image most likely due to how we have issues identifying bass sources anyway
  • A
    Separate EQ for L and R channels destroys stereo image: confirmed Method: used EQ boost and EQ cut to make response curve flat...
  • A
    Alp reacted to Pareto Pragmatic's post in the thread PEQ and a sound stage with Like Like.
    That will help. Whatever you end up with, if you still have the problem, then I suggest turning all your PEQ filters off, then turning...
  • A
    @radix regards the eqs you provided. RME has limited controls. 1 and 7 PEQs are bass and treble with min q 0.5 and max 1.5. they are...
  • A
    Thank you Marc. I indeed used Harman curve. "No eq" measures are reference measurements without any eq. "eq" measurements are with...
Top Bottom