• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Forum Viewing on a Mobile Device in Portrait

ceedee

When visiting on my iPhone 6 I've noticed that it's a little difficult to read in standard portrait orientation, for example:

image.png

It looks better in landscape mode though. I mention this because one other XenForo site I visit has something configured differently which makes it much more readable. I think it is because the user names and avatars span the top of the posts when viewing on a narrow screen:

image.png

It would be great if ASR looked as good on the phone screen … just in case it's easy to fix! ;)

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
That's a very good point Nick. I also noticed it for a long time now, but I never mentioned it. Probably because my Android screen is simply too small for me to attach much importance. I will get a tablet though eventually, 10" or so, then it'll be more important.
But true, the texts on a small phone's screen is in the vertical here @ ASR, unlike other forums.
It's good you mentioned it as it could lead perhaps to improvement from the site's mobile designer team.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for the suggestion. I put in a work-around that makes it better but not yet as good as the other site. It now shows the text alongside the avatar rather than below it. It is a global change so hopefully it has not broken anything else. :)

OP
ceedee

ceedee

Thanks Amir! Anything to help would be great. I hope it doesn't mess anything else up!

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
ASR still looks like what is in the first screenshot on my phone (Android, latest Firefox), is there something I need to change in my settings? Thanks.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You need to change theme, then it looks ok outside of fight Club threads.

hvbias

You need to change theme, then it looks ok outside of fight Club threads.

Default style, forum style, and fight club style all look the same, just a different color profile.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine looks like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170810-182535.png
    Screenshot_20170810-182535.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 124

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For me, nothing, it looks fine for me, others seem to get something else.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My screen is 1080p, are the people having problems on higher resolutions?

hvbias

can you post a screen snapshot from your phone?

Pb8nQbq.png

6X80ju4.png

Like @ceedee the Steve Hoffman forums look fine and is also on XenForo, this is the second screenshot.

My screen is 1080p as well. This is on Firefox on Android.

Top Bottom