• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ready Player

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This might wake you up:

iridium.

OP
I

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Steven Spielberg would not get involved in bad Sci-Fi junk, so this could be an interesting story.

iridium.

Wayne

Forum Donor
Many years back Star Trek had at least one similar episode. This planet was off limits to Federation ships because the inhabitants could create such virtual images in the minds of any Star Trek crew member. They went there for some reason and had to blast away a with a laser door. They ended up using all the power of the ship, asking for all available power to to the laser... and the door still would not yield.... then they realized it was just a mental illusion... the door was long gone!

Sounds like they may have borrowed an idea.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Many years back Star Trek had at least one similar episode. This planet was off limits to Federation ships because the inhabitants could create such virtual images in the minds of any Star Trek crew member. They went there for some reason and had to blast away a with a laser door. They ended up using all the power of the ship, asking for all available power to to the laser... and the door still would not yield.... then they realized it was just a mental illusion... the door was long gone!

Sounds like they may have borrowed an idea.

Your thinking of the Christopher Pike episodes, The Cage, a part one and two I believe. Some of it was recycled from the pilot which they ended up not using.

Wayne

Forum Donor
Your thinking of the Christopher Pike episodes, The Cage, a part one and two I believe. Some of it was recycled from the pilot which they ended up not using.

Googling "Christopher Pike" -- you are right. Of course a little of the specifics were lost in the many decades since I last saw the episode.

Top Bottom