• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The case of missing #2

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Several come up; which one?
Full title please.

iridium.

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Around 12 minutes it comes up that he is in the most susceptible group for hypnosis.
I have tried hypnosis in the past and have been told I am the least susceptible; too bad because I wanted to try a few improvements.

iridium.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Around 12 minutes it comes up that he is in the most susceptible group for hypnosis.
I have tried hypnosis in the past and have been told I am the least susceptible; too bad because I wanted to try a few improvements.
I had professionals try at the VA hospital for smoking cessation, never worked for me.

I'll bet the hypnotist would be a great audio cable salesperson. :)

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
Does anyone remember Pat Collins, the "hip" hypnotist. She had a club on the Sunset Strip back in the day. She worked in hospitals one to two days per week. She did shows on Fri and Sat evenings (maybe Thurs as well, can't remember for sure). Two-drink minimum. She'd invite 6 members from the audience up on stage, put them under, and entertain the club. It was absolutely hysterically, gut splitting funny.

She also taught self-hypnosis lessons. I took classes from her. One of the best things I've ever done. Didn't use it to quit smoking - never smoked - but did use it and still use it for relaxation.

After class, she would invite students up on to the stage, where she'd put a student under for catalepsy:

16402825768_7e60200367_m.jpg

It took all of about 5 seconds for her to put a student under, then a couple of assistants would lift up the student and place the student across two chairs, just as is shown in the photo. I did it. It felt like I was drifting/floating in a cloud. Amazing thing, amongst others, is that one is not straining at all and is breathing perfectly normal ... she'd put a glass of water on the student's belly and you could just watch the glass go up and down with each inhalation/exhalation.

Top Bottom